Categories: JSF - JSP - Tag libraries - AJAX, Web frameworks,
Latest version: 2.1
Added 2006-05-17Updated 2010-11-04
Google Web Toolkit (GWT) is a Java software development framework that makes writing AJAX applications like Google Maps and Gmail easy for developers who don't speak browser quirks as a second language.
- Dynamic, reusable UI components.
- Simple RPC: To communicate from your web application to your web server, you just need to define serializable Java classes for your request and response.
- Browser history management: Handles the browser's back button history.
- Browser compatible: Supports IE, Firefox, Mozilla, Safari, and Opera with no browser detection or special-casing within your code in most cases.
- In-browser development mode
- Declarative user interface: using an XML format, the UiBinder feature allows the creation of user interfaces through declaration rather than code
- Resource bundling
- Code splitting
- DOM API
Built for Java
Free or free version available
Source code provided